Spirit Energy receives drilling permit for Norway campaign
Published by Nicholas Woodroof,
Well 16/1-33 S will be drilled from the Leiv Eiriksson drilling facility in position 58°58'42.96"N and 2°10'30.82"E.
The drilling programme for well 16/1-33 S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence (PL) 780. Spirit Energy Norway AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 60%. The other licensee is Aker BP ASA with 40%.
The area in this licence consists of part of block 16/1. The well will be drilled about 5 km north of the Ivar Aasen field in the central part of the North Sea, and 205 km west of Stavanger.
Production licence 780 was awarded on 6 February 2015 in APA 2014 on the Norwegian shelf.
This is the first exploration well to be drilled in the licence.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/offshore-and-subsea/23062020/spirit-energy-receives-drilling-permit-for-norway-campaign/
You might also like
Subsea7 extends frame agreement with Aker BP
Subsea7 has announced an extension of its existing frame agreement with Aker BP for four years to the end of 2028.