Skip to main content

Doris awarded Trion SURF FEED contract by BHP Petroleum

Published by
Oilfield Technology,


Doris has been selected by BHP Petroleum (via its subsidiary BHP Billiton Petróleo Operaciones de Mexico, S. De R. L. De C.V.) to continue into the next phase of engineering work at the Trion field: front-end engineering and design (FEED) for the subsea umbilicals risers and flowlines (SURF) scope of work.

This effort will continue Doris’ relationship with BHP after the successfully completed pre-FEED scope.

The Trion field encompasses an area of 1285 km2 and is located in the Mexican waters of the Gulf of Mexico, at a water depth of approximately 2500 m. BHP is the operator, holding a 60% interest in the development, with non-operating partner PEMEX Exploration and Production holding the remaining 40% interest.


Read the latest issue of Oilfield Technology in full for free: Oilfield Technology's November/December 2020 issue

The November/December issue of Oilfield Technology begins by reviewing the state of the North Sea before moving on to cover a range of topics, including Drilling Technologies, Deepwater Operations, Flow Control.

Contributors come from Varel Energy Solutions, Gyrodata, Clariant Oil Services, Drillmec and many more.

Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/offshore-and-subsea/23032021/doris-awarded-trion-surf-feed-contract-by-bhp-petroleum/

You might also like

Strohm delivers deep-water TCP Jumper in Guyana

ExxonMobil affiliate Esso Exploration & Production Guyana Ltd is set to install a subsea water alternating gas (WAG) jumper made from Strohm’s Thermoplastic Composite Pipe (TCP) on the Liza Phase 2 project in Guyana.

 
 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):