Skip to main content

Liuhua 29-1 gas field begins production

Published by , Editor
Oilfield Technology,


CNOOC has announced that the Liuhua 29-1 gas field has commenced production.

The Liuhua 29-1 gas field, which recently completed commissioning, is located in the eastern South China Sea, 86 km northeast of Liwan 3-1 gas field, with water depth of about 640 to 785 m. A new subsea wellhead has been built, with 7 development wells planned in total. The gas field will fully utilise the existing production facilities of Liuhua 34-2 gas field and Liwan 3-1 gas field. It is expected to reach a peak production of approximately 62 million ft3/d of natural gas in 2022.

CNOOC has a 25% working interest in the Liuhua 29-1 gas field and acts as the operator in shallow water, while Husky Oil China holds the remaining 75% working interest and acts as the operator in deep water.


Read the latest issue of Oilfield Technology in full for free: Oilfield Technology's November/December 2020 issue

The November/December issue of Oilfield Technology begins by reviewing the state of the North Sea before moving on to cover a range of topics, including Drilling Technologies, Deepwater Operations, Flow Control.

Contributors come from Varel Energy Solutions, Gyrodata, Clariant Oil Services, Drillmec and many more.

Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/offshore-and-subsea/02112020/liuhua-29-1-gas-field-begins-production/

You might also like

BKV Corporation shares sustainability report

The report details progress on the company's environmental initiatives, its path to achieving net zero emissions from its owned and operated upstream and natural gas midstream businesses, and updates on employee engagement and safety performance.

 
 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):


 

This article has been tagged under the following:

Upstream news Offshore news Upstream project news Oil & gas news