Skip to main content

KrisEnergy acquiring 3D seismic in the Gulf of Thailand

Published by
Oilfield Technology,


KrisEnergy Ltd. an independent upstream oil and gas company, has announced that the CGG Amadeus has commenced an 884 km2 3D seismic acquisition programme in the G10/48 contract area in the Gulf of Thailand. The programme, which was awarded to CGG Services, is estimated to last 41 days.

The seismic programme is to be carried out in two sub-areas of the G10/48 licence – northwest of Wassana and southwest of Wassana – approximately 3 to 38 km from the Wassana mobile offshore production unit. The Wassana oilfield came into production in August 2015. Once complete, the seismic data will be integrated with existing data over most of the identified prospective areas of the G10/48 block. The block also contains the Niramai, Mayura and Rayrai oil accumulations.

G10/48 covers 1783 km2 over two discreet areas in the Gulf of Thailand over the southern margin of the Pattani Basin in water depths up to 60 m. KrisEnergy holds a 89% working interest and operatorship of G10/48. Palang Sophon holds the remaining 11%.


Adapted from a press release by Louise Mulhall

Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/exploration/19072016/krisenergy-acquiring-3d-seismic-in-the-gulf-of-thailand/


 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):