Skip to main content

KS Java Star jack-up rig begins drilling the Mustika-1 exploration well

Published by
Oilfield Technology,


KrisEnergy Ltd has reported that the KS Java Star jack-up rig has started the drilling of the Mustika-1 exploration well in the KrisEnergy-operated Sakti production sharing contract (PSC). Drilling is anticipated to take approximately 20 days.

Mustika-1 is targeting the Kujung I formation and is expected to reach a total measured depth at 3100 ft (945 m), or 3000 ft total vertical depth subsea. The location of the well is based on the interpretation of the 1202 km 2D and 401 km2 3D seismic data acquired by the company in 2014.

KrisEnergy is also the operator of the Bulu PSC, which is adjacent to the Sakti PSC and contains the Lengo gas discovery for which the Company received approval for its plan of development in December 2014.

Chris Gibson-Robinson, Director Exploration & Production, said: “The decision to drill Mustika-1 at this time comes as we are finalising project details for the Lengo development. This prospect is 10 km west of Lengo and, if successful, we would look at producing Sakti gas through the Lengo facilities.”

Front-end engineering design for the Lengo development was completed in 3Q15, whilst gas sales negotiations are ongoing. Preparations are underway to tender the contract for engineering, procurement, construction and installation.

KrisEnergy was awarded as the operator a 95% working interest in the Sakti PSC in February 2014. The block covers 4974 km2 in the East Java Sea over the western margin of the East Java Basin, Bawean Arch and the Muriah Trough. Golden Heaven Jaya Ltd. holds the remaining 5% working interest.

The KS Java Star jack-up rig is owned by KS Drilling Pte Ltd.

Edited from press release by

Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/exploration/07122015/ks-java-star-jack-up-rig-starts-drilling-the-mustika-1-exploration-well-1748/

 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):