Aquaterra in four year agreement with DONG Energy
Aquaterra Energy has been awarded a four year exclusive frame agreement with DONG Energy, one of the leading energy groups in Northern Europe, to provide drilling installation support services for its Hejre development.
The four year agreement includes the complete Aquaterra Energy product and service range, with an initial order for centralisers, cement top-up systems and cutting and tensioning equipment to the value of £500 000.
The Hejre oil and gas field is located in central North Sea, 300 km from the Danish coastline, in license block 5/98. The development includes a manned wellhead and processing platform, and five HTHP production wells, all at a water depth of 70 m.
Hejre oil and gas field
Together, DONG Energy, which owns a 60% interest in the Hejre field, and its partner Bayerngas Norge, which holds the remaining 40% stake, will be investing more than £1.3 billion in the development. The field, which is expected to come online in 2016, will considerably increase reliability of the oil and gas supply to Denmark.
Eric Doyle, Regional Director – Europe at Aquaterra Energy, said: “This significant contract is our largest to date with the Danish state energy company, which has worked with one other supplier for many years. Quality and service are particularly important considerations for DONG Energy in selecting partner companies, and we’re extremely proud to have proved our superior service and been chosen under its stringent selection criteria. We are sure that this will be the beginning of a fulfilling and enduring relationship between our two organisations.”
Adapted from press release by Cecilia Rehn
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/29042014/aquaterra_in_four_year_agreement_with_dong_energy/
You might also like
Shell Ventures and Idékapital invest US$90 million in Kongsberg Digital
Shell Ventures and Idékapital has invested US$90 million in Kongsberg Digital to help accelerate the growth of the company.