Mr Gallagher said since the beginning of 2016, Santos’ strategy has delivered:
- A diversified portfolio of five long-life natural gas assets generating free cash flow at <US$40 per bbl oil price.
- Australia’s lowest-cost onshore operations.
- A strong balance sheet to support growth.
- The reinstatement of shareholder dividends.
- The sale of non-core assets.
“Our strategy has been to establish a disciplined low-cost operating model that delivers strong cash flows through the oil price cycle,” Mr Gallagher said.
“Subject to regulatory approvals, the recently announced acquisition of Quadrant Energy will further reduce our breakeven oil price and deliver operatorship of a high-quality portfolio of low-cost, long-life conventional Western Australian natural gas assets.”
“It would also give us a leading position in the highly prospective Bedout Basin, including the recent significant oil discovery at Dorado.”
“We are now positioned for disciplined growth leveraging existing infrastructure in all five of our assets in the portfolio and are targeting production of more than 100 million boe by 2025.”
This disciplined growth portfolio includes:
- Barossa backfill to Darwin LNG – targeting FID by the end of 2019.
- PNG LNG expansion and proposed farm-in to P’nyang.
- Cooper Basin, GLNG and Eastern Queensland growth.
- Quadrant acquisition, including Dorado oil.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/26092018/santos-targets-production-of-more-than-100-million-boe-by-2025/