United Oil & Gas Plc, the London Stock Exchange listed oil and gas exploration and development company, announces its results for the six months ended 30 June 2018.
- Delivering on strategy to acquire and develop a multi-stage portfolio of low-risk development and appraisal assets in Europe and high-impact exploration licences in Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa.
- Significant commercial discovery confirmed at Podere Gallina in Italy following strong gas flows on testing.
- Mid-case gross recoverable volumes estimated at 525 000 Sm3 (~18Bcf / 3mmboe).
- Development planning underway for a 150 000 m3 of gas per day facility with Exploitation Application licence submitted.
- Farmed-in for 10% interest in oil and gas assets in the Wessex Basin, southern UK.
- On course to participate in a well in Q4 2018 to appraise the Colter discovery which lies immediately to the south of Europe's largest onshore oil field at Wytch Farm.
- Completion of 3D Seismic acquisition over Tullow Oil-operated Walton-Morant licence, offshore Jamaica which holds the high-grade 200 million bbls Colibri prospect.
- Results of processing and interpretation of 3D seismic due in Q4 2018.
- Awarded two blocks in the UK North Sea, including the Crown discovery, with estimates of up to 16 million barrels of recoverable oil.
- Option secured to farm-in to offshore Block 49/29c UK Licence P2264 containing the Acle prospect.
- Fully funded for share of current work programme across portfolio.
- Former executive director of Tullow Oil, Graham Martin, appointed as Chairman, representing a major vote of confidence in United’s strategy and management team.
- Completion of equity placing of £2.5 million at 4.25p per share on 20th April.
- £3.0 million (gross) raised post-period end by an oversubscribed conditional placing and subscription of a total of approximately 54.5 million shares at 5.5p per share, with warrants attached on a 3 warrants for 4 shares basis at a strike price of 8p. The funds will be used to pursue new projects.
United Oil & Gas Plc CEO, Brian Larkin, said, "This has been an active period for United which has set us up for an exciting remainder of 2018. A number of high-impact news flow items are pending including our participation in an appraisal well in the Wessex Basin in the UK; results from a 3D seismic programme completed at our offshore Jamaica project; the commencement of a seismic programme to further unlock the value at the Podere Gallina discovery in Italy; and potential farm-in activity at our North Sea assets, in which we have a 95% interest. We continue to assess high-quality assets that have clear lines of sight to near-term activity to enhance our portfolio which has seen considerable growth during this period. We are committed to maintaining the momentum that has been built and I look forward to updating shareholders on the multiple value-adding events occurring over the coming months.”
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/special-reports/18092018/united-oil-gas-plc-interim-financial-statements-for-the-period-ended-30-june-2018/