The Offshore Technology Conference (OTC) celebrates its 50th edition this year on 30 April – 3 May at NRG Park in Houston. This milestone event brings together global executives, government officials, scientists and engineers, investors, and top buyers to share cutting-edge technology, expertise, and products.
In the summer of 1969, Houston launched two powerful and enduring legacies—the inaugural OTC and Apollo 11. Over the past five decades, both OTC and the space program have increased their global prominence and prestige. To commemorate its 50th edition, OTC plans a year-long celebration.
“Houston is known globally to be the city where technology was born, and OTC is proud to call Houston our home,” said Wafik Beydoun, 2018 OTC Chairman. “Thanks to our industry partners and the city, there are very few annual events in any industry that mirror OTC’s legacy, impact and contributions.
“There’s a sense of euphoria and pride among our OTC staff, speakers, exhibitors, volunteers and partner organisations as we commemorate this tremendous legacy,” Beydoun said. “You don’t want to miss this year’s event.”
Several special events are planned on Monday, 30 April, to celebrate OTC’s achievements. Featured speakers include:
Opening Breakfast Session
- Jeffrey Shellebarger, President, Chevron North America E&P.
- David Eyton, Head of Technology, BP.
Opening Ceremony Commemorating 50th OTC
- Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman and CEO, Total.
- Ryan Lance, Chairman and CEO, ConocoPhillips.
- Solange da Silva Guedes, Chief Exploration and Production Officer, Petrobras.
- Harry Brekelmans, Project and Technology Director, Royal Dutch Shell.
- Jeff Miller, President and CEO, Halliburton.
- Clay Williams, Chairman and CEO, National Oilwell Varco.
A ceremonial ribbon pulling immediately follows the opening ceremony.
Chairman’s Panel on Energy Transformation
- Carlos Ghosn, Chairman and CEO, Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi.
- Eldar Saetre, President and CEO, Statoil.
- Remi Eriksen, Group President and CEO, DNV GL.
- Ernest Moniz, MIT Professor and Former United States Secretary of Energy.
“OTC is celebrating a significant milestone in the life of the conference,” Pouyanné said. “For 50 years, OTC has encouraged scientists and engineers to develop innovative technologies that have unleashed the potential of offshore energy sources needed for global growth and progress. I’d like to invite my peers to join me in celebrating this momentous occasion at OTC 2018.”
Also included in the first day’s events is the 50th OTC Legacy Luncheon, which celebrates the success of OTC and recognizes the volunteers and exhibitors who have given their time and hard work throughout the years to make OTC what it is today.
The day closes with the Party on the Parkway, an evening of networking, fun, dancing and live music from Dysfunkshun Junkshun, a cover band from Austin, Texas.
Registration for OTC is now open and tickets for several of the 50th special events are available for purchase. For more information about attending and to learn about additional speakers, please visit go.2018.otcnet.org/about/otc50.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/special-reports/13032018/offshore-technology-conference-attracts-top-influencers-in-the-energy-sector-to-celebrate-50th-event/