Since its launch in November 2018, Vero has delivered measurable value to producers around the globe. Notable real-world results include:
- Offshore Qatar: Pulled the completion string in two wells and enabled 75% more pipe to be re-used than benchmark after automating the connection breakout process.
- North Sea: Made up more than 1200 completion connections while achieving a record run rate.
- Offshore Azerbaijan: Ran seven completions with more than 2900 connections and zero connection damage.
- Argentina: Saved 24 hours of rig time on more than 1000 connections with zero damaged in completions for three wells.
- Norway: Improved previous mechanized operational performance by 15%, resulting in the fastest liner-running operation on that rig in four years.
- Globally: Eliminated more than 10 000 hours of personnel exposure to rig floor safety risks.
"Vero is the most disruptive technology ever introduced in the tubular running space and operators around the world are taking notice and benefitting from the exceptional value," said Dean Bell, President, Drilling, Evaluation and Intervention, Weatherford. "By replacing the inherent flaws of human judgment with AutoMakeup and AutoEvaluate technologies, Vero goes beyond tubular running to help operators build wells that last a lifetime."
By applying artificial intelligence at every stage from pipe manufacturing to well installation, Vero improves connection make up efficiency and eliminates the inevitable errors associated with human judgement during the connection process. In doing so, the solution can minimise the chance of catastrophic well failures associated with poorly made up connections, significantly reduce the total cost of well ownership, minimise safety risks, and protect corporate reputation.
Image courtesy of Weatherford
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/product-news/22042020/weatherford-records-milestone-for-automated-connection-integrity/