Cobalt Extreme recently launched a new range of Abrasion Resistant Sucker Rod Guides for artificial lift well completions. The Cobalt Overmolded and Field Installable 'Double-Lock' Sucker Rod Guides extend the life of the rods and tubing, reduce pressure drop and premature tubing failure, increase production and reduce well servicing costs.
The unique re-engineered design of the Cobalt Sucker Rod Guides allows increased fluid FlowPass™. The Cobalt guides can be moulded directly onto the sucker rod, or the field installable version can be quickly and safely installed at the wellsite.
CobaltSPIRAL Sucker Rod Guides are injection moulded using ARPMAX™ Polymer technology for maximum abrasion resistance.
Additional features and benefits of Cobalt Sucker Rod Guides include:
- Overmoulded and Field Installable Models.
- Fits rod sizes from 3/4 in. to 1 in. and tubing sizes from 2 3/8 in. to 3 1/2 in.
- Handles temperatures to 300°F.
- Ideal for abrasive production fluids, coal fines, frac sand and highly deviated wells.
- Proprietary ARPMAX™ Polymer for maximum abrasion resistance.
- No abrasive Glass Fibre content.
- Will not Crack, Split or Shrapnel downhole.
- Excellent dimensional, thermal and chemical stability.
- Incorporates Ensenium™ downhole wear detection technology (Patent Pending).
Cobalt engineers utilise Advanced Material Selection technologies, Tribological Analysis, Surface Dynamics and our in-house Downhole Abrasion Simulator to optimise Sucker Rod Guide Design and Polymer formulation. Cobalt can recommend the optimal rod guide material and spacing for your Artificial Lift completions using our proprietary DDX software.
ARPMAX polymer technology is formulated for applications with high velocity abrasive fluids, engineered to reduce the pressure differential in the rod guide area, reduce torque and reduce the potential for localised sand concentrations in the well completion.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/product-news/18012018/cobalt-re-engineered-sucker-rod-guides/