Yokogawa has released the DTSX® distributed temperature sensor, offering industry leading measurement distance and temperature resolution for maintenance of plants and other infrastructure.
The sensor has a one metre spatial resolution and can measure the temperature along fibre-optic cables up to 50 km in length, eight times the distance possible with the company’s previous model. Yokogawa claims that, in terms of measurement distance and temperature resolution, this is one of the industry’s top-performing distributed temperature sensors.
The DTSX 3000 is well suited for plant and infrastructure maintenance applications that necessitate monitoring of temperature over long distances or across wide areas. Specific applications include the detection of gas and liquid leaks in tanks and other large production facilities, and the detection of abnormal heat levels in power lines.
Industry leading measurement distance
The DTSX 3000 can measure the temperature distribution along a fibre-optic cable that is up to 50 km in length, more than eight times the distance possible with conventional products (6 km). The DTSX 3000 is ideal for measuring the temperature distribution in power lines, high or low temperature liquid and gas pipelines and tanks, and other large facilities.
Top level temperature resolution
The DTSX 3000 demonstrates a top level temperature resolution of 0.03 °C, 20 times the precision possible with conventional products.
- Monitoring of underground temperatures for unconventional oil and natural gas exploration and production.
- Monitoring of the temperature distribution in multiple wells.
- Fire detection conveyors.
- Monitoring of the temperature distribution in long distance power lines.
- Detection of liquid and gas leaks in pipelines and tanks.
- Monitoring of the temperature of outer walls of high temperature furnaces used in the iron and steel, chemical, and other industries.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/product-news/15082014/yokogawa-distributed-temperature-sensor-111/