Ventyx has announced the availability of its asset performance software portfolio for managing assets, operations and smart grid analytics in a hybrid or full cloud model. Ventyx chose to host the software in Microsoft’s Azure cloud platform, and will deliver the application as a service through Ventyx’s Managed Service Group.
- Utilities can reduce upfront capital investments in new equipment and software, lower IT staff and implementation costs and rapidly deploy the latest Asset Performance Management applications. Ventyx acts as the single point of contact that delivers efficient operations to a high service level agreement.
- The cloud model allows companies to test various response to unprecedented challenges and changes (e.g. 2015 power plant emissions standards) with minimal cost, risk and investment time.
- Turns Big Data into Smart Data as utilities receive real time information from sensing and monitoring of digital equipment such as power lines, transformers, turbines and motors; multiple industrial software systems; and market-based data such as weather and demand forecasts. The cloud model also allows utilities to scale up and down automatically to meet changes in demand.
- The cloud model requires smaller and less specialized internal IT teams, and gives younger new workers the same social, collaborative and mobile capabilities in their safety and productivity software at work that they use privately.
- Ventyx CEO Jeff Ray commented: “Utilities are under more pressure than ever to reduce capital expenditures while minimizing equipment related outages and delivering high levels of customer service. Our cloud based solutions allow utilities to scale faster, avoid significant new investment in computing infrastructure and reap the benefit of fast information technology/operational technology (IT/OT) integration.”
Adapted from a press release by Emma McAleavey.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/product-news/08052014/ventyx_asset_performance_management_software_52/