ST9 Gas + Oil launches XGen fluid end
Published by Laura Dean,
With a focus on the fundamentals, Houston-based ST9 Gas + Oil has released the new XGen Fluid End for frac and well service pumps. This is the second high-performance technology product the company has released to pursue their goal of becoming industry leaders for performance, cost, and quality.
Engineered by industry experts, ST9’s XGen Fluid End uses patented K-urve technology that decreases impact energy on internal sidewalls by 56% and increases flow efficiency by 3.7%. This is combined with critical autofrettage, a proprietary process that minimises detrimental factors and maximises fluid end life.
- Other attributes for the XGen Fluid End include:
- Oversized forging for structural rigidity
- Exceptional material cleanliness (lack of inclusions)
- Tighter forging grain structure for product durability
- Highly refined shot peen process to reduce erosion
- Advanced geometry designed to reduce stress
- Robot finished blends to geometric accuracy
- Best in class quality control processes
“The inspiration behind the XGen Fluid End is the fatigue and washout we see with our competitors’ product offerings,” said Chris Buckley, founder and CEO of ST9 Gas + Oil. “In order to stand out, we had to address the root of these problems and fix the fundamental flaws by using quality materials and revolutionary design, ultimately keeping production high and owning and operating costs low.”
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/product-news/03042018/st9-gas-oil-launches-xgen-fluid-end/
You might also like
The NSTA launch digital platform for North Sea projects
The North Sea Transition Authority (NSTA) has launched a digital platform aimed at making North Sea projects more efficient.