Skip to main content

DNO's Hayah-1 exploration well abandoned

Published by , Digital Assistant Editor
Oilfield Technology,

DNO ASA has reported that the Hayah-1 exploration well in Oman's onshore Block 36 failed to encounter hydrocarbons other than minor gas shows and will be plugged and abandoned.

The well, drilled in the Rub al-Khali basin in the southwestern part of the country, reached a total depth of 3010 m and penetrated the three target reservoirs, of which two had good reservoir quality.

DNO will incorporate the Hayah-1 well information into further evaluation of the block.

DNO operates Block 36 with a 75% operated interest; Allied Petroleum Exploration Inc. (APEX) holds the remaining 25%.

DNO ASA is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East and North Africa.

Edited from press release by

Read the article online at:

You might also like


Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):


This article has been tagged under the following:

Oil & gas news