Well 2/11-12 S will be drilled from the Maersk Interceptor drilling facility in position 56°10'10.93"N and 03°26'12.54"E
The drilling programme for well 2/11-12 S relates to the drilling of appraisal wells in production licence 33. Aker BP ASA is the operator with an ownership interest of 90%. The other licensee is Pandion Energy AS with 10%. The area in this licence consists of parts of block 2/11, which borders on the Danish Shelf. The well will be drilled about 12 km south of the Valhall field.
Production licence 33 was awarded in 1969 in licensing round 2-A on the Norwegian Shelf. This is the 11th well to be drilled in the licence.
The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/offshore-and-subsea/21122018/aker-bp-receives-drilling-permits/