The PortVision TerminalSmart™ platform has become one of the most widely adopted enterprise-class marine terminal optimisation solutions for oil companies, who’ve been under growing pressure to streamline operations, reduce costs, increase visibility and enhance business intelligence. The platform has already been deployed at over 60 marine terminal locations across the Gulf of Mexico and US.
Combining dock management, scheduling, reporting and analysis with PortVision’s Automatic Identification System (AIS)-based vessel tracking service, the TerminalSmart platform has contributed in recent years to significant improvements in industry wide vessel traffic-handling capabilities. At the same time, the platform also gives terminal operators and other stakeholders continuous visibility to dock and vessel activities, enabling them to cut costs and labour requirements, optimise the supply chain, and drive better business decisions. Now, new capabilities have been added to TerminalSmart to further improve operational efficiencies, automate more of the terminal operation’s daily activities, and expand alerting and reporting options.
- Enhanced user interface, with drag-and-drop scheduling, what-if analysis, and a customisable and shareable calendar.
- Improved handling of dock calls and associated activities - Users can now split calls into independently managed segments and streamline the process of handling recurring calls. Users now have more options for logging and retrieving information about more elements of each dock call. Status indicators have been added to improve user convenience and efficiency.
- Vessel fit enhancements – Simplifies process of checking dock-to-cargo compatibility during vessel scheduling.
- Demurrage calculator – Enhancements make it easier for users to automatically monitor and calculate demurrage costs, and to validate claims in the event of a dispute.
- More options for correspondence and alerting – Includes tools for generating customisable letters of protest and executing pre-arrival notifications, among others.
- New capabilities for reporting, charting, and dashboards – Includes greater options for generating and exporting user-defined, ad hoc reports.
The PortVision TerminalSmart platform with enhanced dock and berth management features is available now.
Adapted from press release by Cecilia Rehn
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/offshore-and-subsea/21042015/new-capabilities-added-to-portvision-terminalsmart-platform/