Skip to main content

Aker BP acquires King Lear discovery

Published by
Oilfield Technology,


The company has entered into an agreement with Equinor Energy to acquire its 77.8% interest in the King Lear gas/condensate discovery in the Norwegian North Sea for a cash consideration of US$250 million.

Karl Johnny Hersvik, CEO of Aker BP comments:

“The King Lear discovery is one of the largest undeveloped discoveries on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, and represents an excellent opportunity for Aker BP. Our goal is to develop King Lear as a satellite to Ula. This will improve the capacity utilisation at the Ula facilities and provide significant additional volumes of injection gas to support increased oil recovery from the Ula field.”

Net recoverable resources in the King Lear discovery are estimated to 77 million boe according to data from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate. When including the increased oil recovery potential from Ula, Aker BP estimates a total resource addition of more than 100 million boe net to the company.

King Lear is located approximately 50 km south of the Ula field centre, in production licences 146 and 333. The transaction covers Equinor Energy’s 77.8% interest in the two licences. The remaining 22.2% interest is held by Total E&P Norge.

The transaction is subject to approval by Norwegian authorities.

Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/offshore-and-subsea/15102018/aker-bp-acquires-king-lear-discovery/

 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):


 

This article has been tagged under the following:

Upstream news Offshore news North Sea oil news