Well 35/4-2 will be drilled from the Transocean Arctic drilling facility in position 61°36'02.54" North and 03°12'19.21" East.
The drilling programme for well 35/4-2 relates to the drilling of wildcat wells in production licence 931.
Wellesley Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 60%. The other licensee is DNO Norge AS (40%). The area in this licence consists of the southeastern part of block 34/6, northeastern part of block 34/9, southwestern part of block 35/4 and the northwestern part of block 35/7. The well will be drilled about 30 km south of the Peon discovery.
Production licence 931 was awarded on 2 March 2018 (APA 2017 on the Norwegian Shelf). This is the first well to be drilled in the licence.
The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/offshore-and-subsea/12122018/wellesley-petroleum-drilling-permit-for-well-354-2/