The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Equinor Energy AS a drilling permit for well 6407/11-1, cf. Section 15 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Well 6407/11-1 will be drilled from the Deepsea Bergen drilling facility in position 64°12'22.8"N and 7°29'33.25"A.
The drilling programme for well 6407/11-1 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 751 where Equinor Energy AS is the operator, with an ownership interest of 80%. The other licensee is Petoro AS (20%). The area in this permit consists of the largest part of block 6407/11. The well will be drilled about 17 km southeast of the Njord field.
Production licence 751 was awarded on 7 February 2014 in APA2013. This is the first well to be drilled in the licence.
The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other consents and permits required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/offshore-and-subsea/11092018/drilling-permit-granted-to-equinor-for-well-640711-1-in-production-licence-71/