Since its last Fleet Status Report, Transocean closed the acquisition of Ocean Rig UDW, Inc. on December 5, 2018. The transaction adds eight high-specification ultra-deepwater drillships and two harsh environment semisubmersibles to the Transocean fleet. In addition, the acquisition includes two high-specification ultra-deepwater drillships currently under construction at the Geoje Samsung shipyard in South Korea.
Transocean added approximately US$907 million in contract backlog since its last report, bringing the company’s backlog to US$12.2 billion.
Among the contract additions, Transocean signed a rig design and construction management contract, as well as a five-year drilling contract, with Chevron USA, Inc. for one of Transocean’s two dynamically positioned ultra-deepwater drillships under construction at the Jurong shipyard in Singapore. The drilling contract has an estimated backlog of US$830 million, excluding mobilisation and reimbursables. The rig will be the first ultra-deepwater floater rated for 20 000 psi operations and is expected to commence operations in the Gulf of Mexico in the second half of 2021.
This quarter’s report also includes the following new contracts:
- Dhirubhai Deepwater KG2 – Awarded a four-well contract offshore Australia via a term swap with the GSF Development Driller I. It was also awarded one four-well option;
- Leiv Eriksson – Customer exercised a one-well option in the Norwegian North Sea;
- Transocean Arctic – Customer exercised two one-well options in the Norwegian North Sea and the rig was awarded a two-well contract with another customer in the Norwegian North Sea;
- Discoverer India – Customer exercised two one-well options offshore Ivory Coast; and
- Transocean 712 – Customer exercised a one-well option offshore U.K. North Sea.
Additionally, the company intends to scrap the Ocean Rig Paros in an environmentally responsible manner; the rig is classified as held for sale.
The report can be accessed on the company’s website: www.deepwater.com.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/offshore-and-subsea/11022019/transocean-ltd-provides-fleet-status-update/