Petronas discovers more gas offshore Sarawak
Published by Nicholas Woodroof,
The Hadrah-1 well was successfully drilled to a total depth of 1850 m in November 2021 and encountered gas within an approximately 200-m thick sequence of high-quality sandstone and carbonate reservoirs.
PCSB is the operator of the block, with 90% participating interest in its Production Sharing Contract. The remaining 10% is held by E&P Malaysia Venture Sdn Bhd.
Petronas Vice President of Exploration, Upstream, Emeliana Rice-Oxley, said, “The gas discovery in the Hadrah-1 wildcat exploration well by PCSB further proves the promising prospectivity in the underexplored Cycle I, II & III plays within the Balingian province.
“The excellent quality of reservoirs encountered augurs the remaining potential in the surrounding areas, with PCSB well positioned to pursue the untapped similar plays in Blocks SK411 and SK306. We look forward to delivering more natural gas, the cleanest fossil fuel, safely and reliably to the market,” she added.
Hadrah-1 is Petronas’ third gas discovery in this province in 2021, after Sirung-1 and Kulintang-1 in March and May respectively. In 2019, oil and gas were also discovered within the same play at the D18 field.
Read the latest issue of Oilfield Technology in full for free: Issue 4 2021
The issue starts with a report from Rystad Energy focusing on the outlook for the upstream industry in the Middle East. The rest of the issue is dedicated to features covering production optimisation, drill bits, pipeline integrity, health and safety, and more.
Exclusive contributions come from Varel Energy Solutions, Rystad Energy, Gyrodata, 3X Engineering, Tracerco, Ulterra Drilling Technologies and more.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/offshore-and-subsea/07012022/petronas-discovers-more-gas-offshore-sarawak/
You might also like
CGG, TGS and BGP complete next phase of 3D multi-client survey offshore Suriname
Fast-track products for this recently completed Phase IV will be ready for review towards the middle of this year, with the final products for the entire programme available in late 2023.