Included in this year’s awards, jointly organised by OGUK and Step Change in Safety with principal sponsor TOTAL, is a new category for Maritime Safety. Sponsored by the Marine Safety Forum, this award recognises a seafarer who demonstrates a passion for safety, leads by example and continually strives for safe operations.
Matt Abraham, HSE and Supply Chain Director OGUK, said: “The Offshore Safety Awards are a great opportunity to acknowledge the excellent work being done to promote safety across our industry. I’m pleased to see that maritime safety has been added to the roster of accolades this year as it plays an integral part in North Sea operations, along with pan industry efforts to help ensure the UKCS remains among the safest operating environments in the world.”
The awards ceremony, to be held on the Thursday 29 August at P&J Live, Aberdeen will use a novel interactive format allowing the audience to participate in the judging.
Steve Rae, Executive Director Step Change in Safety, said: “The Offshore Safety Awards provide us with the opportunity to give positive feedback and recognition to both employees and employers across a broad spectrum of categories within our industry. Positive feedback and recognition are fundamental ingredients required to develop a strong and sustainable safety culture which provides us with the means to deliver on our goal of making the UKCS the safest O&G region in the world.
"Step Change in Safety is honoured to be co-organising this event and looks forward to welcoming everyone to a celebration of stellar performance and outstanding contributions. I encourage you to join us and “play your part” in shaping our Industries Safety Culture."
All entries must be submitted by 26 June. The categories in the 2019 Offshore Safety Awards are:
- Safety Representative of the Year – for an enthusiastic and committed safety rep that is driving the safety agenda at their worksite.
- Innovation in Safety – for a company which has put in place a clever process or technique to improve safety either across an organisation or at an individual worksite.
- Workforce Engagement – for an individual or team which has actively embraced engagement with its workers on safety matters, showing how a commitment to worker involvement in safety has contributed to an improvement in safety performance.
- Operational Integrity – for an individual or team which has delivered increased efficiency or understanding of risk by putting in place sensible and proportionate risk management solution(s).
- Sharing and Learning – for an individual/team or company that can demonstrate a learning and sharing culture either within their organisation, or who has made a significant contribution to health and safety through active participation in, or engagement with Oil & Gas UK or Step Change in Safety.
- Maritime Safety - for a seafarer who demonstrates a passion for safety, leads by example and continually strives for safe operations.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/hse/25062019/new-award-category-revealed-as-nominations-open-for-the-oguk-2019-offshore-safety-awards/
You might also like
The well was drilled by the ‘Deepsea Stavanger’ drilling rig, about 25 km southwest of the Oseberg field in the North Sea and 150 km west of Bergen.