Skip to main content

More good news from Barryroe

Oilfield Technology,


Irish explorer, Providence Resources, has reported more good news from its Barryroe discovery offshore Ireland. Analysis undertaken by the company showed an average permeability of 600 millidarcy.

John O’Sullivan, the company’s technical director said, “The results of the sidewall core analysis are very positive as they confirm the high productivity nature of the main oil bearing basal reservoir interval.

“The permeability data from the overlying secondary reservoirs is welcome news as previously we had no information as to their potential productivity. These sands are now likely to add further resource potential to Barryroe.”

The Barryroe discovery is situated approximately 50 km offshore southern Ireland in the North Celtic Sea basin in water 100 m deep. Providence owns a 80% share of the Barryroe find, with the remaining 20% being owend by Lansdowne Oil & Gas.

Edited from various sources by David Bizley

Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/exploration/22062012/more_good_news_from_barryroe/

 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):