- Verifies the presence of a Dentale oil column first identified in the Etame 4V well drilled in 2001.
- Encountered approximately 35 feet of good-quality Dentale oil sands with 27% porosity and 3000 mD of permeability.
- VAALCO estimates gross recoverable oil resources of 2.5 to 10.5 million bbl of oil present in subcropping Dentale reservoirs.
- Identified an oil column which was thicker than expected in the Gamba reservoir which may result in higher ultimate oil recovery from the planned Etame 9H and Etame 11H wells than previously expected.
- VAALCO did not encounter H2S in either the Gamba or Dentale reservoirs.
- Operations are underway to retrieve drill pipe and tools that became lodged in the wellbore after reaching total depth which will delay completion of the Etame 9H into December.
Cary Bounds, Chief Executive Officer, commented: “We are excited that our first appraisal wellbore in the 2019/2020 drilling campaign has confirmed our estimates of meaningful recoverable resources in the subcropping Dentale, which we currently have classified as prospective. The successful Etame 9P is the first of many appraisal opportunities that we have identified that have the potential to create substantial organic value for our shareholders. The result reaffirms the upside potential yet to be exploited from the Etame field.
We continue to assess the viability of drilling future Dentale development wells as we aim to extend the overall life of the field by continuing to add reserves and production. We are now focused on drilling the Etame 9H development well which, if successful, could result in additional production volumes coming online in December.
VAALCO remains focused on delivering value through operational execution, and we are hopeful that this is just the first of many positive steps toward our goal of organic production and reserve growth.”
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/exploration/21102019/vaalco-energy-confirms-oil-discovery-offshore-gabon/