Touchstone Exploration reports oil discovery onshore Trinidad and Tobago
Published by Nicholas Woodroof,
- Cascadura-1ST1 cased hole wireline logs indicated significant prospective oil pay totaling 1037 ft from 1374 ft of gross sand.
- 80 net ft of oil pay was encountered in the regional Lower Cruse sands at measured depths between 1030 and 2134 ft.
- 180 net ft of oil pay was encountered in an Upper Herrera Gr7c thrust sheet at measured depths between 4198 and 4994 ft. These sands were not previously encountered in any offset wells in the area.
- 600 net ft of oil pay was encountered in a Middle Herrera Gr7c thrust sheet at measured depths between 5516 and 6162 ft. These sands were also not reported in any offset wells previously drilled in the area.
- 177 net ft of oil pay was encountered in a Lower Herrera Gr7a thrust sheet at measured depths between 6162 and 6350 feet, which were one of the company’s targeted sands as identified in the offsetting well.
The company expects to complete and test the Cascadura-1ST1 well in 1Q20. Cascadura is the second prospect of four on the Ortoire block with initial test results at COHO-1 previously released by the company on 18 November 2019.
Paul R. Baay, President and CEO, commented: “The well results far exceed any pre-drill expectations. This well is not only a significant discovery and milestone for Touchstone, but we believe it also establishes a new development stage for onshore drilling in Trinidad. In the new year, we expect to test each zone independently in order to better understand the economic potential of the prospective oil sands, and if the findings are positive, it will set up an expansive development drilling programme in the area.”
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/exploration/17122019/touchstone-exploration-reports-oil-discovery-onshore-trinidad-and-tobago/
You might also like
Shell awards TechnipFMC a contract for offshore oil field development
TechnipFMC has been awarded significant contract for development in the Gulf of Mexico.