Skip to main content

Nordic Maritime awarded seismic survey offshore Java

Oilfield Technology,


Nordic Maritime, in association with Alamjaya Makmur Sejahtera and PT Bahari Lines Indonesia, has been awarded the provision of marine seismic data acquisition and processing services for a 1200 line km area in the Sakti production sharing contract (PSC) offshore East Java.

The vessel to undertake the award will be the S/V Nordic Bahari. The client is independent upstream oil and gas company, KrisEnergy.


The Nordic Bahari vessel.

Seismic surveys

“The Nordic Bahari is being kept very busy with both 2D and 3D seismic survey work. We are very pleased to be working with our partners for KrisEnergy, on a project that will likely occupy the vessel until the end of October,” said Nordic Maritime’s Executive Director, Kjell Gauksheim.

The Sakti exploration block covers 4974 km2 in the East Java Sea with water depths up to 60 m. KrisEnergy holds 95% operated working interest. Golden Haven Jaya Ltd holds the remaining 5%.

2014 contracts

Earlier this year, the Nordic Bahari completed a 2500 line km 2D marine seismic data acquisition and processing services in East Malaysia's Sarawak T3 Block, for Pexco Sarawak N.V., followed by the 3D acquisition of approximately 420 km2 for Husky-CNOOC Madura Limited, offshore Indonesia.


Adapted from press release by Katie Woodward

Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/exploration/11092014/nordic-maritime-wins-seismic-contract-offshore-java-250/

 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):