- Well currently at 1336 m and drilling ahead in 8 1/2 in. hole.
- Total depth prognosed to be approximately 2775 m.
Comet Ridge Limited has provided an update on the ongoing drilling operations at the Albany 1 well in the north eastern Galilee Basin. At 0600 hrs this morning, the rig was drilling ahead at 1336 m in the 8 1/2 in. intermediate hole section, part-way through the Jochmus Formation.
Since the last drilling update, at 0600 hrs on Monday 21 May 2018, drilling operations have seen:
- Continued drilling of 12 1/4 in. hole from 711 m to surface casing point at 747 m.
- Running and cementing of 9 5/8 in. surface casing.
- Installation and testing of wellhead components and well control equipment at surface.
- Drilling ahead in 8 1/2 in. hole from the surface casing point to the current depth of 1336 m.
The total depth (TD) of the well is prognosed to be approximately 2775 m. Figure 1 below details the position of the Albany 1 well in the Galilee Basin and also the position of the well on the structure (inset).
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/29052018/comet-ridge-provide-update-on-albany-1-drilling-operations/