Skip to main content

KrisEnergy commences G10/48 Thai drilling campaign

Published by
Oilfield Technology,


KrisEnergy has announced that the PV DRILLING I jack-up rig commenced drilling of the East Mayura-1 exploration well in the G10/48 contract area in the Gulf of Thailand.

KrisEnergy has announced that the PV DRILLING I jack-up rig commenced drilling of the East Mayura-1 exploration well in the G10/48 contract area in the Gulf of Thailand.

East Mayura-1 is the first well in a potential eigh-well programme, including five firm wells plus one optional well in the existing Wassana oilfield in G10/48 and one optional exploration well in the Wassana satellite development area north of the Wassana production area. The campaign is expected to take approximately 125 days, including optional wells.

KrisEnergy is the operator of G10/48 and holds 89% working interest. Palang Sophon Ltd hold the remaining 11%. The PV DRILLING I rig is owned and operated by Petrovietnam Drilling & Well Service Corp.

 

The G10/48 contract area covers 1677 km over the Southern Pattani Basin in water depths of up to 60 m. In addition to the Wassana oilfield, which came on stream in August 2015, the concession cnontains the Nirami, Mayura and Rayrai oil discoveries.

The Gulf of Thailand is a core operational area for KrisEnergy. The company has non-operated working interests in the B8/32, BpA and G11/48 producing blocks and is the operator of G10/48 and G6/48, which contains the Rossukon oil discovery. The compay also operates Block A across the maritime border in Cambodian waters, where it is seeking to develop the Aspara oilfield.

Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/26102017/krisenergy-commences-g1048-thai-drilling-campaign/

 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):