Key terms of the SPA:
- Range Resources Drilling Services Ltd (RRDSL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Range, registered in Trinidad and Tobago, has entered into the SPA with the Buyer for the sale of four onshore drilling rigs number 16, 17, 18, and 19 and related equipment;
- The Buyer will pay Range the total cash consideration of US$3.6 million, payable in full on completion of the Transaction;
- Completion of the Transaction is subject to satisfaction (or waiver) of the following key conditions: - Final inspection of the rigs and equipment to the satisfaction of the Buyer;
- The Buyer may purchase the rigs in its name or that of a nominee which will be an affiliate or subsidiary of the Buyer to be incorporated in Trinidad and Tobago prior to completion of the Transaction; and
- The agreed long stop date for the Transaction is 8 November 2019.
- Delivery of various documentation related to the rigs by the Seller to the Buyer, including documentation required for the transfer of ownership of the rigs by the Trinidad Transport Board and the Licensing Authority;
The asset value of the four rigs as at 30 June 2019 is US$17 361 885 and the estimated loss before tax attributable to these rigs for the year ended 30 June 2019 is US$2 155 488.
If the Transaction completes, RRDSL's residual rigs would comprise 7 workover and swabbing rigs and 1 drilling rig. RRDSL will continue to provide oilfield services to Range and other operators in Trinidad.Range's Chairman, Kerry Gu, commented: "Given challenges experienced by RRDSL at winning new service contracts, as well as our proposed sale of Trinidad upstream assets (RRTL sale) announced in September, we have been actively looking at options to further reduce costs of our operations, selectively streamline our assets and increase our liquidity. I am, therefore, pleased with signing of the agreement for the sale of the drilling rigs and look forward to working with our colleagues and partners on bringing these important transactions to completion."
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/24102019/range-resources-sells-four-onshore-drilling-rigs-to-wilson-energy-services/
You might also like
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has conducted a mapping of gas resources that, for various reasons, have yet to be developed. Several of these discoveries could be produced in a manner that is profitable from a socio-economic perspective.