Clontarf Energy plc has provided the following operational update on the drilling of the Sasanof-1 exploration well, and will issue further updates upon the completion of campaign milestones:
- The Valaris MS-1 rig has arrived at the Sasanof-1 exploration well location on the Australian North West Shelf.
- The MS-1 semi-submersible drilling rig completed the 190 Nautical Miles mobilisation safely and efficiently under tow from the support vessel, GO Spica.
- While under tow, the support vessel, Far Senator, continued logistical support operations, mobilising drilling mud, bulk equipment and supplies from the Port of Dampier.
- Primary anchors are now being run and will be followed by deployment of secondary and tertiary anchors; a total of 12 anchors will be set.
- Once anchoring is complete, spudding of the prospective Sasanof-1 well, targeting multi Tcf (Trillion Cubic Feet) of gas, will start with jetting of the 36 in. conductor.
- This will be followed by drilling the 17 – ½ in. intermediate hole section.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/23052022/clontarf-energy-plc-provides-sasanof-1-well-mobilisation-update/
You might also like
Jumbo Offshore and Sea Horizon Offshore Marine Services signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU).