Skip to main content

CNOOC begins production at Bohai oilfields

Published by
Oilfield Technology,


CNOOC has said that the Penglai 19-3 oilfield area 4 adjustment/Penglai 19-9 oilfield phase II project has commenced production.

The Penglai 19-3/19-9 oilfields are located in the Bohai Bay offshore China, with an average water depth of approximately 28 m. A new wellhead platform has been built, with 47 wells planned in total, including 30 production wells, 16 water injection wells and one development and appraisal well. This new wellhead platform will fully utilise the existing processing facilities of the Penglai 19-3 oilfield. The project is expected to reach its peak production of approximately 15 681 bpd in 2022.

CNOOC holds a 51% working interest in the Penglai 19-3 oilfield area 4 adjustment/Penglai 19-9 oilfield phase II project and acts as the operator. ConocoPhillips China, CNOOC’s partner, holds the remaining 49% working interest.

Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/22052020/cnooc-begins-production-at-bohai-oilfields/

You might also like

Major milestone in Northern Endeavour decommissioning contract

Petrofac has officially taken over operatorship of the Northern Endeavour FPSO facility on behalf of the Australian Government. This major milestone is a huge step in the landmark decommissioning contract which heralds the start of an era of decommissioning in the nation’s offshore oil and gas sector.

 
 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):