Skip to main content

PGNiG begins drilling in Rehman field in Pakistan

Published by
Oilfield Technology,


The operating branch of Polish Oil and Gas Company (PGNiG) in Pakistan has started drilling the Rehman-6 production well in the Rehman field.

The objective is to develop gas reserves located in the westernmost part of the Rehman field. The planned depth of the hole is 2700 m. The reservoir rock is constituted by a Cretaceous sandstone formation where PGNiG expects to find tight gas. The drilling is carried out by Exalo Drilling SA, a subsidiary of the PGNiG Group.

"Pakistan is a very prospective area of exploration and production activity for us. We appreciate the local legal regulations, which favour foreign entrepreneurs, and the high quality of cooperation with local partners", said Piotr Wozniak, President of the Management Board of PGNiG SA. "The Pakistani economy's demand for gas will continue to grow. This guarantees favourable conditions for the sale of gas, which encourages further investments in this country. This year, we plan to start drilling work on four new wells and put three new wells into production, including Rehman-6."

The Rehman field is located on the border of the Sindh and Baluchistan provinces, in the southern part of Pakistan. PGNiG operates there jointly with Pakistan Petroleum Ltd. (PPL). According to the split of interests and costs, PGNiG, which acts as the operator, holds 70% share in the production, and PPL holds the remaining 30%.

Gas is produced from two fields, Rehman and Rizq, on the basis of separate development and production leases. There are currently five production wells in the Rehman field and two in the Rizq field. The production from both fields is sent to a production facility located in the Rehman lease. This is the first onshore production facility of the Company outside Poland, as in Norway PGNiG operates from offshore platforms.

In 2018, PGNiG’s share in production from the Rehman and Rizq fields amounted to 230 million m3 of gas (200 million m3 in high-methane equivalent), up by 33% y/y.

Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/21052019/pgnig-begins-drilling-in-rehman-field-in-pakistan/

You might also like

 
 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):


 

This article has been tagged under the following:

Upstream news Upstream drilling news