Clontarf Energy plc has provided the following operational update on the drilling of the Sasanof-1 exploration well and will issue further updates upon the completion of campaign milestones:
- Valaris MS-1 rig has started mobilisation activities for departure to the Sasanof Prospect 200 km away on the North West Shelf.
- Secondary anchors securing the rig at Dampier outer harbour, Western Australia, have been pulled, and the rig is secured to the GO Spica support vessel bridle for the tow to the Sasanof-1 exploration well location.
- Primary anchors will then be recovered by the Far Senator, and the tow commenced. Transit time is expected to be approximately four days, weather dependent.
- All required equipment has been loaded onto the rig for commencement of drilling.
- Preliminary preparations for drilling operations are being conducted:
- Mud mat, low pressure wellhead housing and conductors prepared for deployment.
- 13-3/8 in. casing stands are made up and racked in preparation for deployment on completion of 17-1/2 in. hole section.
- Third party services equipment being installed and tested.
- Drilling operations (conductor jetting) are expected to start during week starting 23 May.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/18052022/clontarf-energy-shares-updates-on-sasanof-1-exploration-well/