Through this strategic alliance, IFR and SIMMONS will work together to pursue oil and gas opportunities in the Mexican market primarily focused on upstream oil and gas, as well as midstream and service contract opportunities.
"We are very proud and excited to be working in collaboration with SIMMONS, a leading driller in the Mexican oil and gas services sector," stated Tony Kinnon Chairman of IFR. "We are especially pleased with SIMMONS' confidence in the IFR and Tonalli team and our business plan based on a strategy to bring technology and capital, combined with local expertise, to Mexico to continue building a portfolio of cash flowing energy assets."
"SIMMONS is excited to work together with a partner such as IFR/Tonalli to pursue opportunities in Mexico," said Niels Versfeld CEO of SIMMONS. "This is a concrete example of our commitment to provide innovative solutions through partnerships that create value for customers, the communities where we operate and shareholders."
As part of the agreement, SIMMONS may provide investment capital, drilling rigs and oil field services to new joint opportunities. Specifically, within the agreement SIMMONS has agreed that it may provide:
- Access to Simmons drilling services which includes a fleet of fully equipped rigs, as well as other services already operating in Mexico with planned expansions.
- Simmons would take economic risk in exchange for providing these services.
- Capital contributions, ideally between US$2-US$5 million, towards acquisition and development of assets in exchange for beneficial rights from the asset.
- Support in the negotiation and execution of contracts to secure assets and implementation of projects.
- Secure operational bases and local staff based in Villahermosa and Poza Rica, Mexico.
As part of the agreement, IFR agrees that it may provide:
- Status as one of the few qualified operators in Mexico.
- Lead representation in the negotiation execution of contracts to secure assets and implementation of projects.
- Technical and operational expertise and staff in order to evaluate, develop and operate assets.
- Capital contributions either directly or through additional partnerships.
SIMMONS previously provided drilling services to IFR's Mexican joint venture Tonalli Energia and has been providing onshore drilling services in Mexico since 2015. As a qualified operator, IFR has a proven track record and established oil and gas business in Mexico, and is focused on expanding its opportunities in the upstream and midstream oil and gas sector.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/18022020/ifr-forms-alliance-with-simmons-edeco/
You might also like
CGG has announced the start of a new multi-client 3D PSDM reimaging programme in the Tano Basin offshore Côte d’Ivoire in association with the country’s Direction Générale des Hydrocarbures (DGH) and national oil company, PETROCI Holding (PETROCI).