Skip to main content

Statoil granted drilling permit for wellbore 6507/3-12 in production licence 159 B

Published by
Oilfield Technology,


The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil Petroleum AS a drilling permit for wellbore 6507/3-12, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Wellbore 6507/3-12 will be drilled from the Deepsea Bergen drilling facility at position 65° 58' 3.93" north and 7° 56' 1.64" east.

The drilling program for wellbore 6507/3-12 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 159 B. Statoil Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 85%. The other licensee is Dong E&P Norge AS with 15%. The area in this licence consists of a part of block 6507/3. The well will be drilled about 11 km southwest of the Norne field.

Production licence 159 was awarded in licensing round 12 Part B on the Norwegian shelf and production licence 159 B was carved out on 13 August 2004.

The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing drilling activities.

Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/18012017/statoil-granted-drilling-permit-for-wellbore-65073-12-in-production-licence-159-b/


 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):


 

This article has been tagged under the following:

Upstream news Offshore news North Sea oil news Upstream drilling news