Skip to main content

ERHC Energy: update on Kenya Block 11A

Published by
Oilfield Technology,


ERHC Energy Inc. has issued the following update on exploration progress in Kenya Block 11A.

Kenya Block 11A

Work continues and spudding of the Tarach-1 well is anticipated for 4Q16. Presently, the rig is being mobilised to the drill site where concreting work and installation of conductors have already been completed. The contracting parties have completed over 80 km of access road. The Tarach-1 well is designed to drill from a 20 in. surface casing through intermediate casings down to 2442 m and set a seven-inch liner down to total depth of 3000 m. As disclosed previously, the Tarach-1 prospect's mean estimate of oil prospective unrisked resources is 66 million bbls. Mean unrisked prospective resources of all prospects and leads in Block 11A totals 662 million bbls. ERHC holds a 35% interest in Block 11A.

As also previously disclosed, ERHC is obligated, under existing agreements, to pay 25%of its proportionate share of the costs of well and is carried for the remaining 75% of its proportionate share. ERHC has paid all cash calls relating to its obligations for the costs of the well to date.

Edited from press release by

Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/17022016/update-on-kenya-block-11a-2519/

 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):