Skip to main content

Eni starts production of Goliat Norwegian field

Published by , Digital Assistant Editor
Oilfield Technology,

Eni has started production of the Goliat field, located 85 km northwest of Hammerfest, within Production License 229, in a ice-free area in the Barents Sea off Norway. Goliat was developed through the largest and most sophisticated floating cylindrical production and storage vessel (FPSO) in the world. The Unit has a capacity of 1 million barrels of oil.

The daily output will reach 100 000 bpd (65 000 boe/d net to Eni). The field is estimated to contain reserves amounting to about 180 million barrels. Production will take place through a subsea system consisting of 22 wells.

Goliat’s start-up is an important milestone for Eni’s growth strategy and will significantly contribute to the cash flow generation.

In the Production License 229, Eni holds a 65% stake (operator), while Norway's Statoil holds the remaining 35%. Eni has been present in Norway since 1965, where it operates through its subsidiary Eni Norge AS. In the country, the company has interests in exploration licenses and production fields, including Ekofisk, Åsgard, Heidrun and Kristin with a total equity production in 2015 of 106 000 boe/d.

Edited from press release by

Read the article online at:

You might also like

PGS awarded acquisition project in the Mediterranean

PGGS has been awarded a 3D project in the Mediterranean for a major energy company. The Ramform Hyperion is scheduled to start the survey early March and the project has a total duration of approximately 30 days.


Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):


This article has been tagged under the following:

Oil & gas news