From 25 to 26 April and from 7 to 10 May 2018, the Petroleum Safety Authority carried out an audit of ConocoPhillips' planning and execution of drilling and well operations at Ekofisk X.
The objective of the audit was to verify that ConocoPhillips and its contractors are complying with the regulatory requirements for planning, risk assessment and execution of drilling and well operations.
Four non-conformities were identified in connection with:
- Use of management of change (MOC)
- Classification of safety-critical equipment
- Function testing
- Overview of competencies of hired workers
In addition, three improvement points were identified in connection with:
- Involvement of suppliers in training and drills
- Employee participation
- Identification and prioritisation of improvement suggestions.
ConocoPhillips has been given a deadline of 3 August 2018 to report on how the non-conformities and improvement points will be addressed.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/13072018/audit-of-conocophillips-ekofisk-x/