Energy Industry Consultants and Engineers (EICE) Intl., a wholly owned subsidiary of Technical Toolboxes Inc. (TTI), was awarded Phase II implementation of the Marathon Oil Eagle Ford Digital Oil Field Programme in South Texas. TTI/EICE, an industry leading digital oil field consulting company, is subcontracted to EMC on this project. Recent analysis by IHS found that in the past decade, the application of digital technologies boosted output 8%and lowered operating costs 25%.
"Digital technologies tend to be cheaper solutions, reap quicker benefits, and tend to be easier to scale across a company," said Jud Jacobs, the Director of Upstream Oil & Gas Research at IHS who authored the analysis. "That's why companies have continued appending money on those technologies, even after they make dramatic cutbacks elsewhere," Jacobs said.
Joe Summa, President TTI, added: "The Marathon DOF PHASE II contract award is a result of ongoing successful Digital Oil Field projects by our Subject Matter Experts. TTI is committed to establishing an Open Systems Architecture for the industry that leverages existing capital investments with Best-in-Class practices and new innovations. All focused on reducing costs and optimising production."
The engagement scope for Phase II includes data from wellhead to financial system reporting (SAP), operations workflows and must meet the following expected outcomes:
- Delivery of Alarm Management, SCADA Data Validation and Control, and Intelligent Alerting solution areas.
- Delivery of working Well Performance/Downtime solution, enabling operators with real time decision tools for control and optimization.
- Facilitate the design and delivery of work products associated with Data Integrity, Data Integration, and DOF Output Management solution areas.
- Facilitate the development and delivery of Digital Oil Field strategies, activities, and milestones related work products associated with the Wellhead.
- Automation Control and Control Room/Collaboration solution areas of the EFAT DOF program and EFAT leadership team.
This award is a clear recognition for the entire TTI/EICE consulting team at Marathon Oil and their excellent performance in delivering Phase I of this project. TTI will continue to be a sub-contract of EMC on Phase II and anticipates to be engaged in future phases focusing on:
- a. Acquires data (Surveillance)
- b. Transports data (Infrastructure)
- c. Maintains the data repository (Historian)
- d. Analyses and data correlation (Diagnostics)
- e. Model based operations (Optimization)
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/12012016/marathon-oil-eagle-ford-programme-awarded-phase-ii-2125/