Skip to main content

Búzios field breaks monthly production record

Published by
Oilfield Technology,


In June this year, Petrobras reached an average monthly production of 616 000 barrels of oil per day (bpd) in the Búzios field, in the pre-salt layer of the Santos Basin. This is the highest average monthly production volume ever achieved by the field since it started operating in April 2018, representing an operational efficiency of 95%.

Of the total produced, Petrobras accounts for 91.7% of this volume (564 thousand bpd) and the other partners, for 8.3% (51 thousand bpd). The result was achieved with the contribution of the four platforms in operation in the field: P-74, P-75, P-76 and P-77.

New platform in 2023

The company plans to put into production the fifth platform in the Búzios field, the FPSO Almirante Barroso, in 2023. The unit will have the capacity to produce up to 150 000 bpd and process up to 6 million m³ of gas. With the new system, the prospect is that the Búzios field will reach the mark of 33% of Petrobras' oil production in 2026.

Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/10082022/bzios-field-breaks-monthly-production-record/

You might also like

 
 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):


 

This article has been tagged under the following:

Oil & gas news