Their agreement will be included in the Unit Operating Agreement (UOA), which is planned to be submitted to the authorities in February 2015.
Statoil will cooperate closely with its partners in order to secure the best possible utilisation of the resources on Johan Sverdrup. The goal is to achieve a recovery factor of at least 70% from the field.
The field development plan includes a field centre that will carry out the most important functions while also allowing for the subsequent connection of various installations during the development’s different phases.
Statoil’s plan is to establish a production organisation for the field in Stavanger, while at the same time drawing upon the considerable expertise of its partners and the supplier industry.
Facts about the Johan Sverdrup field
- Located on the Utsira High in the North Sea.
- Johan Sverdrup is an oil field consisting of 95% oil and 5% rich gas.
- The resource estimate for the entire field is between 1.8 and 2.9 billion boe.
- On plateau Johan Sverdrup will account for 25% of the total oil production in Norway.
- Production start is scheduled for the end of 2019.
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/drilling-and-production/01122014/johan-sverdrup-statoil-stavanger-february-302/