The crucial role of technology and innovation in the oil and gas sector will come under the spotlight at the 2019 Future Oil & Gas conference and associated Technology Innovation Showcase.
The annual conference and exhibition will take place at the Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen on 11 – 12 June 2019 for the second year – with a greatly increased exhibition area. With digital disruption altering the business landscape in unprecedented ways, delegates will hear industry leaders and keynote speakers discuss how to build more cost-effective, transparent, digitally dextrous and agile operations.
Over two days the agenda covers “Unlocking success in your digital transformation” and “Long-term, strategic vision for the oil & gas industry” with a welcome address from Alexander Burnett, MSP for Aberdeenshire West, Shadow Minister for Business, Innovation and Energy.
Speakers and panellists include:
- Rodrigo Becerra Mizuno, Chief Information Officer (Business & Digital Transformation) & Corporate Vice President, Pemex
- Jaco Fok, Chief Innovation, OMV Petrom.
- Kate Parker, Senior Project Engineering Consultant, Premier Oil.
- James McLean, IT Manager, UK Exploration & Production, ConocoPhillips.
- Satyam Priyadarshy, Chief Data Scientist, Halliburton.
- Steffan Lindso, Director of Emerging Technology - Europe, Oceaneering.
- Hayder Saad, Senior Reliability Expert, Petronas.
- Chris Rivinus, Digital Transformation Programme Lead, Tullow Oil.
- Prashant K. Soni, PhD., Digital Strategist – Operations, Aker BP.
- Janet White, Executive Partner, IBM Global Business Services.
- And many more.
New for 2019 is the Technology Innovation Showcase, a series of curated, dynamic presentations from technology experts running alongside the main conference programme and featuring contributions from IBM, OPEXGroup, Microsoft, Immerse, Electrosonic, Kongsberg Digital, GHGSat and Blackberry in addition to curated content featuring The Oil & Gas Technology Centre’s TechX Pioneer technology accelerator programme and Strathclyde University’s Advanced Forming Research Centre.
Alexander Burnett, MSP for Aberdeenshire West, Shadow Minister for Business, Innovation and Energy said: “I am delighted to welcome back the 3rd Future Oil & Gas conference and exhibition to Aberdeen. I was pleased to open this important event last year and I note how it continues to go from strength from strength with many industry leading companies confirmed to attend. It is of vital importance that the North Sea industry capitalizes on the resurgence we are seeing particularly by driving efficiencies, harnessing new technologies and learning to collaborate both within the sector and from further afield. I hope that the 3rd Future Oil and Gas will be a great success and I welcome you all to Aberdeen this June.”
Read the article online at: https://www.oilfieldtechnology.com/digital-oilfield/30042019/future-oil-gas-conference-exhibition-grows-in-2019-and-announces-technology-innovation-showcase-agenda/